Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cake & Ginger Spice Marshmallow
Thanksgiving is just around the corner…what will you be cooking? Whether you are hosting a dinner or contributing a dish, this delicious and easy pumpkin cake will be a winner! The recipe is one of my favorite seasonal sweet treats from Pastry Chef Manabu Inoue of Morimoto New York.
I hope you enjoy the holiday sharing delicious food and giving thanks with friends, family and loved ones.
THANKSGIVING SPECIAL PUMPKIN CAKE WITH GINGER SPICE MARSHMALLOW Pumpkin Cake
13 ounces pumpkin puree
12 ounces butter
12 ounces sugar
11 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
2 1/2 ounces hazelnut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. kosher salt
10 ounces sour cream
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch pound cake mode. Sift together the flour, hazelnut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and pumpkin puree. Beat in the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pound cake mold.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in mold for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack and cool completely.
1 cup egg white
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup lite corn syrup
10 tbsp. water
2 sheets gelatin
1 tbsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
1) Combine the gelatin and 1/2 cup of cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and allow to sit while you make the syrup.
2) Combine the sugar, lite corn syrup and 1/2 cup water in a small pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
3) Raise the heat to high and cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
4) Remove from heat.
5) With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the sugar syrup into the dissolved gelatin.
6) Put the mixer on high speed and whip until the mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes.
7) Add the ginger powder, nutmeg and cinnamon powder, mix thoroughly.
8) Pour the marshmallow mix into the piping bag and pipe onto the cake.